Chloe Menager, Dallas mother, charged in drowning death of her 1-year-old son, police say
(CBS/AP) DALLAS - Chloe Menager, a Dallas mother, is now facing a capital murder charge in the death of her 1-year-old son, Elijahu Perez, who she allegedly drowned in a bathtub at their Dallas apartment, CBS DFW reports.
Police said they found the child's body after his father flagged down police asking for help Thursday afternoon. The father, whose name hasn't been released, said his wife just called him and said their son was dead.
Officers followed the man to his home where they found Elijahu's body. The child just celebrated his first birthday on August 8.
Also at the apartment was Menager, 25, who police questioned and later arrested. She remained in Dallas County Jail on Friday and held on $1 million bond.
A police report said Menager caused the death by allegedly holding Elijahu underwater in a bathtub. The Dallas Medical Examiner is performing an autopsy on the body to determine the exact cause of death.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor