Thief flushed out trying to exchange stolen toilet, say Pa. police
Smith, 32, entered the store on Aug. 28, grabbed a toilet off of the shelf and immediately went to the return line to exchange it without a receipt for $677.34 in gift cards, according to state police.
Investigators say that surveillance footage from the store captured Smith's entire scam.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Wife guilty of murder for pushing husband out window
- Jodi Arias' lawyers tried to quit, judge wouldn't let them