Fla. man gets life in prison for "waterboarding" ex-girlfriend with root beer, kidnapping her
Major Harris III, 32, was convicted in August of aggravated battery with a firearm, aggravated assault with a firearm and kidnapping with intent to inflict bodily harm or terrorize, the paper reports. According to the Daytona Beach News-Journal, Harris attacked the woman on May 6, 2010, after becoming angry when she wouldn't tell him where she had been.
According to the Sentinel, Harris served four years in prison in the mid-2000s for several offenses, including battery on a pregnant woman and since May 2011 had been behind bars on two gun charges.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles