NY man, Larry Jones, tries to swallow counterfeit bills before arrest, police say
(AP) DARIEN, N.Y. - Authorities say a 35-year-old man tried to swallow several counterfeit $50 bills after he was caught trying to use the bogus money at a western New York amusement park.
The Genesee County Sheriff's Office says deputies were called to Darien Lake Theme Park and Resort on Sunday night after Larry Jones, of Buffalo, bought french fries with a $50 bill.
Deputies say a park employee determined the bill was counterfeit and called security. While being taken away, deputies say Jones stuffed five counterfeit bills into his mouth and tried to eat them.
Security officers retrieved the bills before Jones swallowed them.
Jones was charged with possessing a forged instrument and tampering with evidence and sent to the county jail with no bail. It couldn't be determined if he had a lawyer.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase