Secret Service U-Haul truck stolen in Detroit ahead of VP Joe Biden's visit to city
(CBS/WWJ) DETROIT - The U.S. Secret Service and local police are investigating after a U-Haul truck loaded with high-tech security equipment that belongs to the Secret Service was stolen just ahead of Vice President Biden's visit to Detroit, reports CBS Detroit.
The truck was found Monday around 11:30 a.m. in an apartment building parking lot near Henry Ford Hospital, reported WWJ Newsradio's Rob Mason, who talked to Secret Service spokesman Ed Donovan
Donovan said some, but not all of the equipment it contained, has been recovered.
He said the truck would be taken to a federal facility where agents and Detroit police will continue to investigate.
The vehicle was stolen Sunday morning from a parking lot of the Westin Book Cadillac hotel, on Washington Boulevard, in downtown Detroit.
Authorities aren't saying exactly what the truck contained or the value, although reports said the equipment included metal detectors
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty