New Jersey Supermarket Shooting: Early morning attack leaves 3 dead, including gunman, police say
Police said they received a 911 call around 4:30 a.m. about shots fired inside a Pathmark grocery story in Old Bridge. According to store employees, the alleged gunman walked in with a shotgun and started shooting.
About a dozen workers were inside the store when the shooting happened, store employees said. Two employees were shot and killed before the suspect turned the gun on himself, witnesses told CBS New York.
Police have sealed off the entire area and the case was handed over to the Middlesex County Prosecutor's Office. The nearby Old Bridge Park and Ride station has been shut down due to police activity.
The store was closed at the time of the shooting, but workers said they arrive early on Fridays to do price changes.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released