Dean Holmes, Wash. man, walks into county jail and confesses to killing wife and daughter, sheriff's office says
Capt. Ed Smith of the Pierce County sheriff's office says Holmes, 40, told authorities he shot his wife Kristi, 41, and daughter Violet, 11.
According to detectives, Holmes said he had been hiding financial problems from his wife and had been lying about a home they were supposedly going to move into.
Holmes told investigators that he shot his sleeping wife early Tuesday, then woke up his daughter and a friend who had slept over at the house, authorities said.
Holmes then drove both children in his car and dropped the friend off at her home. After driving his daughter around, authorities say he pulled over his car and shot her.
"The suspect then drove to a fast food restaurant in Spanaway, purchased a meal for himself, then went home and placed his daughter's body in bed with his wife's body," the sheriff's office said.
After a few hours of cleaning the house and vehicle, Holmes decided to turn himself in.
Deputies went to the home and found the bodies, then backed out to obtain a search warrant before looking for evidence.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles