Police shoot, critically wound armed naked man at Baltimore motel
(CBS) BALTIMORE COUNTY, Md. - Baltimore County police are investigating a shooting early Wednesday in which officers critically wounded a man at a motel.
According to CBS Baltimore, the shooting occurred at 3:40 a.m. after police responded to a 911 caller who said a man was naked in his room at the Beltway Motel, shooting a rifle toward the outside.
When officers arrived and ordered the man to drop the gun, the 42-year-old suspect walked toward the officers, before they shot him multiple times, the station reported.
The suspect was taken to a trauma unit and was listed in critical condition.
The officers involved in the incident will be placed on routine administrative leave and the incident is under investigation, CBS Baltimore reports.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case