Mich. man admits impregnating girlfriend's 11-year-old daughter
(CBS/AP) MOUNT CLEMENS, Mich. - Trevaun C. Brooks, a 29-year-old Warren, Mich. man who authorities say sexually assaulted and impregnated his girlfriend's 11 year-old-daughter, pleaded guilty to first degree criminal sexual conduct, CBS Detroit reports.
Court records show that Brooks entered the plea Tuesday, including two second degree criminal sexual conduct counts.
The first degree charge carries a penalty of at least 25 years in prison due to the age of the victim.
Brooks, who worked as a janitor at the girl's charter school before his arrest in September 2011, was accused of having sex with the child while he was living with the girl and her mother, his then-girlfriend, at their home in Mount Clemens.
The now 12-year-old girl gave birth last August and said that she didn't know she was pregnant until she had the baby. Currently, both she and the baby are under the care of state protection services.
Sentencing for Brooks is scheduled for September 27.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car