Ohio woman found burned, beaten, naked on rural road, dies
(CBS/WBNS) COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Canton, Ohio woman who told authorities that she was burned, raped and left for dead in the middle of a Muskingum County Road has died.
Celeste E. Fronsman, 29, was found along state Route 208 near Steel Hill Road, between Dresden and Adamsville on Sunday. Authorities said that she died on Tuesday, CBS affiliate WBNS reported.
Investigators said that they found a crime scene in the woods nearby and believed that she Fronsman been tortured there, the station reported.
Bureau of Criminal Identification investigators collected evidence, including gas cans.
Fronsman was taken to the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, where she died Tuesday.
An autopsy was scheduled, and the investigation continued.
Muskingum County Sheriff Matt Lutz said that he did not believe the crime was a random act.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot