Ohio woman found burned, beaten, naked on rural road, dies
(CBS/WBNS) COLUMBUS, Ohio - A Canton, Ohio woman who told authorities that she was burned, raped and left for dead in the middle of a Muskingum County Road has died.
Celeste E. Fronsman, 29, was found along state Route 208 near Steel Hill Road, between Dresden and Adamsville on Sunday. Authorities said that she died on Tuesday, CBS affiliate WBNS reported.
Investigators said that they found a crime scene in the woods nearby and believed that she Fronsman been tortured there, the station reported.
Bureau of Criminal Identification investigators collected evidence, including gas cans.
Fronsman was taken to the Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, where she died Tuesday.
An autopsy was scheduled, and the investigation continued.
Muskingum County Sheriff Matt Lutz said that he did not believe the crime was a random act.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case