Hannah Truelove: Police investigate Ga. teen's death as a homicide
(CBS/AP) GAINESVILLE, Ga. - Authorities say they are investigating the death of a Gainesville teen whose body was found in the woods behind her apartment complex as a homicide.
Sgt. Kiley Sargent with the Hall County Sheriff's Department said police are investigating the death as a homicide, due to discoveries that 16-year-old Hannah received injuries that "were indicative that she died from a violent death."
Truelove's body was found Friday night. Authorities don't believe it was a random assault and have information that the teen may have known her attacker, Sargent said.
Grief counselors were on hand at Gainesville High School, and a moment of silence was held for Hannah at the campus on Monday.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has been assisting in the investigation. No other details were released.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case