Megan Boken murder arrest: Two teens suspected in slaying of former St. Louis Univ. volleyball star
"We are confident, based on the evidence that we have...the killers of Megan Boken in custody," St. Louis Police Chief Dan Isom said. Charges will be presented to the St. Louis Circuit Attorney's office on Friday.
Isom said that the shooting appeared to be the result of a robbery. The two suspects are also being investigated for other robberies in the area.
"Nothing irritates me more, nothing worries me more when I go to sleep at night and when I wake up every morning than to think about these thugs that are out there, trying to victimize innocent people in our city," St. Louis Mayor Francis Slay said.
Boken, a 2011 SLU graduate, was in St. Louis for a reunion game for former volle ball players, scheduled to take place about two hours after she was killed. Boken's family, friends, and former teammates gathered on Thursday morning to pay their final respects at St. Michael Catholic Church in Wheaton.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days