Alibi: My evil twin robbed the Holiday Inn, not me
Except that Brown's alibi didn't hold up, because, well...she's not a twin.
State police say Brown took some bed clothes, an alarm clock, coffee pot, basket and a hair dryer - worth a total of $206 - from the Holiday Inn in Big Beaver on Aug. 5. Police say they found Brown in another hotel nearby and that's when she claimed her identical twin had stolen those things.
The Beaver County Times reports Wednesday that Brown, of Rochester, Pa. is charged with false reports and theft.
Brown doesn't have an attorney. Police say relatives confirmed she also doesn't have a twin.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home