Alibi: My evil twin robbed the Holiday Inn, not me
Except that Brown's alibi didn't hold up, because, well...she's not a twin.
State police say Brown took some bed clothes, an alarm clock, coffee pot, basket and a hair dryer - worth a total of $206 - from the Holiday Inn in Big Beaver on Aug. 5. Police say they found Brown in another hotel nearby and that's when she claimed her identical twin had stolen those things.
The Beaver County Times reports Wednesday that Brown, of Rochester, Pa. is charged with false reports and theft.
Brown doesn't have an attorney. Police say relatives confirmed she also doesn't have a twin.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case