Gabrielle Swainson, 15-year-old South Carolina cheerleader, missing since Saturday
(CBS/WLTX) RICHLAND COUNTY, S.C. - Police in South Carolina are searching for 15-year-old cheerleader Gabrielle Swainson who went missing Saturday.
Officers say Gabrielle vanished from her home in Richland County between 3 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. on August 18, CBS affiliate WLTX reports. The teenager's mother says when she returned home from work Saturday morning, her daughter was gone.
Sheriff Leon Lott says there are no signs of foul play, but the details of the case do not match that of a runaway.
According to the Charlotte Observer, Gabrielle's mother, Elvia Swainson, says the only thing missing from her home is the 15-year-old's cell phone, which now goes straight to voicemail. The girl's purse, clothes and phone charger were all left behind.
The teen had recently joined Ridge View High School's junior-varsity cheerleading team, and was about to start her sophomore year, the Charlotte Observer reports.
Gabrielle is a black female, 5' 2" tall, with black hair. She was last seen wearing pink and black pajamas.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths