NJ mom Chevonne Thomas seen topless, upset, before son was decapitated
Neighbor Melanie Troutman says she saw 33-year-old Chevonne Thomas sitting with her boyfriend in front of their Camden home about 10:30 p.m. Tuesday. Troutman tells The Associated Press that the woman was "clearly upset."
She says the boyfriend led Thomas back into the home a short time later.
Police say Thomas apparently decapitated Zahree Thomas and put his head in the freezer before calling 911 just after midnight Tuesday to report something had happened to her child.
Court records show Thomas faced dozens of judgements and liens filed in civil court in New Jersey dating back to 2002.
Authorities say Thomas had regained custody of her son just five months ago. Prosecutors say she lost custody in 2010 when she allegedly left the boy unattended in a car. At the time authorities say she admitted to having smoked marijuana laced with PCP and blacking out in a park.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship