Megan Boken Killed: Funeral services set for former Saint Louis University volleyball player
(CBS/AP) WHEATON, Ill. - Services are planned in suburban Chicago for a former Saint Louis University volleyball player Megan Boken, who was killed in St. Louis during what police say was a robbery attempt.
Investigators say 23-year-old Boken was shot in the neck and chest in her car Saturday while she was in St. Louis for an alumni volleyball game at the university she'd attended there.
As of Tuesday, police had made no arrests, and no charges have been filed.
Visitation for Boken will be from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday at her former alma mater, St. Francis High School in Wheaton.
Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at St. Michael Catholic Church in Wheaton.
Boken's parent's released a statement Monday thanking the community for its support and police for their work in trying to find the 23-year-old's killer, reports CBS St. Louis.
"On Saturday afternoon, our daughter Megan lost her life," the statement begins.
"On behalf of the entire Boken family, we would like to thank everyone who has provided comfort, support and prayers during this difficult time. We are especially thankful to the Central West End NSI for establishing a $10,000 reward fund to encourage anyone with relevant information to come forward and assist in the investigation."
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Ill. man dodges $70 restaurant bill, gets 3 years in prison
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial