Frying pan was a weapon in murder of Ill. man., police say
(CBS) ELGIN, Ill. - Northern Illinois woman Nora Peterson is charged with murder after she allegedly hit her boyfriend in the head with a frying pan during an argument Saturday, CBS Chicago reports.
Police in Elgin, about 40 miles from Chicago, said the 34-year-old Peterson hit her live-in boyfriend Michael Mielczarek in the head with several items, including a frying pan, causing him to fall and hit his head on the floor.
Officers arrived Saturday afternoon after Mielczarek, 55, stopped breathing and Peterson called 911 for an ambulance. Paramedics took him to Provena Saint Joseph Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy Monday found Mielczarek died of blunt force trauma to the head, according to a police release.
Peterson was charged with one count of first-degree murder, and is due to appear in bond court Tuesday.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Details surface about Zimmerman jury candidate pool
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple