Frying pan was a weapon in murder of Ill. man., police say
(CBS) ELGIN, Ill. - Northern Illinois woman Nora Peterson is charged with murder after she allegedly hit her boyfriend in the head with a frying pan during an argument Saturday, CBS Chicago reports.
Police in Elgin, about 40 miles from Chicago, said the 34-year-old Peterson hit her live-in boyfriend Michael Mielczarek in the head with several items, including a frying pan, causing him to fall and hit his head on the floor.
Officers arrived Saturday afternoon after Mielczarek, 55, stopped breathing and Peterson called 911 for an ambulance. Paramedics took him to Provena Saint Joseph Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy Monday found Mielczarek died of blunt force trauma to the head, according to a police release.
Peterson was charged with one count of first-degree murder, and is due to appear in bond court Tuesday.
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call