John Wise indicted for fatally shooting wife in Ohio hospital
(CBS/AP) AKRON, Ohio - John Wise was indicted for murder Monday in the suspected mercy killing of his wife at a northeastern Ohio hospital.
Wise previously had been charged with murder in municipal court, but Monday's indictment from a Summit County grand jury supersedes that charge. He is expected to enter a plea when he makes his next court appearance on Friday.
Wise, 66, faces one count each of aggravated murder, murder and felonious assault in the Aug. 4 shooting of his wife in the intensive care unit of Akron General Medical Center.
A friend says Wise's wife, Barbara, had been disabled by a stroke when he shot her.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial