Man, woman shot dead in car in La., 2 children found unharmed
(CBS/AP) AVONDALE, La. - Louisiana police said they found a 4-year-old girl and a boy approximately 4 months old unharmed Saturday in a bullet-riddled car where the male driver and a female passenger were found dead with multiple gunshot wounds.
Jefferson Parish Sheriff's Office spokesman Glen Boyd said the male and female were pronounced dead at the scene.
Boyd said authorities received a report around 1 a.m. on Saturday about a car that had been shot multiple times just off a highway in Avondale, southwest of New Orleans. Bullet casings were scattered across the road and there were several bullet holes on the exterior of the car.
No suspects have been identified, Boyd added. The victims' identities were being withheld pending notification of family members.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Hofstra "home invader" was praised by parole panel