Brittni Colleps, former Texas high school, teacher found guilty in student sex case
According to CBS DFW, Brittni Nicole Colleps, 28, was found guilty on 16 criminal counts stemming from charges of having an inappropriate relationship between a student and teacher. She now faces up to 20 years in prison when sentenced.
As the verdicts were read Colleps, a wife and mother of three, stood silent, reports CBS DFW. Her husband was is the courtroom and stood silent as well.
Authorities say the former Kennedale High School English teacher had sex with the students at her Arlington home over two months. Jurors heard graphic testimony from the involved students during the trial and were shown cellphone video of one encounter involving multiple students.
Prosecutors rested their case Thursday; the defense didn't call any witnesses.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case