Brittni Colleps, former Texas high school, teacher found guilty in student sex case
According to CBS DFW, Brittni Nicole Colleps, 28, was found guilty on 16 criminal counts stemming from charges of having an inappropriate relationship between a student and teacher. She now faces up to 20 years in prison when sentenced.
As the verdicts were read Colleps, a wife and mother of three, stood silent, reports CBS DFW. Her husband was is the courtroom and stood silent as well.
Authorities say the former Kennedale High School English teacher had sex with the students at her Arlington home over two months. Jurors heard graphic testimony from the involved students during the trial and were shown cellphone video of one encounter involving multiple students.
Prosecutors rested their case Thursday; the defense didn't call any witnesses.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death