Texas teacher Percy Melton found with 53 pounds of marijuana in car, police say
Percy Melton, a teacher at Elsik High School, was arrested and taken to the Calcasieu Correctional Center. According to the station, deputies said that Melton was transporting $120,000 worth of marijuana. She has been charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
According to the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Department, Melton was acting suspicious after being pulled over Tuesday morning and wouldn't allow deputies to search her vehicle. A police dog alerted the officers to the drugs inside the car, and a search revealed two duffel bags full of marijuana, according to the department.
Melton is currently on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation, said an Alief Independant School District spokeswoman.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs