Texas teacher Percy Melton found with 53 pounds of marijuana in car, police say
Percy Melton, a teacher at Elsik High School, was arrested and taken to the Calcasieu Correctional Center. According to the station, deputies said that Melton was transporting $120,000 worth of marijuana. She has been charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.
According to the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff's Department, Melton was acting suspicious after being pulled over Tuesday morning and wouldn't allow deputies to search her vehicle. A police dog alerted the officers to the drugs inside the car, and a search revealed two duffel bags full of marijuana, according to the department.
Melton is currently on administrative leave pending the outcome of the investigation, said an Alief Independant School District spokeswoman.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation