Nathan Summerfield, suspect in murder of Ohio mom Lynn Jackenheimer, waives extradition rights
(CBS) - Nathan Summerfield, the Ohio man suspected of killing on-and-off girlfriend Lynn Jackenheimer during a July vacation, has waived his right to fight extradition to North Carolina to face charges.
According to CBS affiliate WOIO, Summerfield's extradition hearing for murder was held Friday morning in Medina County in Ohio.
Federal agents arrested Summerfield at a motel Wednesday morning in Jackenheimer's slaying, ending a monthlong nationwide manhunt.
He was wanted on a murder charge in the death of the 33-year-old mother from Ashland, Ohio, who disappeared around July 4 while vacationing on the Outer Banks with Summerfield and her two children. Her body was found in a vacant lot in Frisco, N.C., about 20 to 30 miles from where she'd been staying in the Nags Head area. Police say Summerfield had returned the woman's children to Ashland, where he also lived, and drove away.
Jackenheimer's father says it's time for her alleged killer Nathan Summerfield to pay for his crimes.
"I'm glad he's caught," Raymond Johnson told ABC News. "It's his turn to pay for what he has done."
According to CBS affiliate WRAL, police said in a statement Thursday that a grand jury will convene Sept. 10 to listen to evidence against Summerfield.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide