Nathan Summerfield, suspect in murder of Ohio mom Lynn Jackenheimer, arrested after nationwide manhunt
The U.S. Marshals Service said Wednesday that Nathan Summerfield was under arrest. They didn't immediately say where Summerfield was apprehended.
Summerfield was wanted on a murder charge in the death of 33-year-old Lynn Jackenheimer of Ashland, Ohio. She disappeared in July while vacationing with Summerfield and her children. Her body was found in a vacant lot in Frisco, N.C., about 20 to 30 miles from where she'd been vacationing.
Police say Summerfield returned the woman's children to Ashland and drove away.
The suspect's brother has told authorities that Summerfield said he strangled Jackenheimer.
Investigators say she died from strangulation and stab wounds.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias' lawyers tried to quit, judge wouldn't let them
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty