Three dogs found tied to Ohio railroad tracks; train kills 2, authorities say
(CBS/AP) CLEVELAND - Cleveland authorities say three dogs have been tied to railroad tracks, and two of them have died after they were hit by a train.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that it happened last week in the city's Tremont neighborhood. A third small dog that hunched down when the train came managed to survive.
A bridge monitor found the little dog Friday night and called police. The worker says he witnessed from a distance the dog being tied to the tracks and someone appearing to take photographs or video of it.
By the time the railroad worker got to the dog, the train had passed and the man was gone. The bodies of the other dogs were found in the same secluded stretch of tracks.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom