13-year-old Texas boy charged with alleged hammer attack on mom
Police report that the boy fled after the alleged attack but returned to the apartment soon thereafter. He was found hiding under a bed. The boy, whose name is not being released, is now in juvenile custody, says Senior Officer Julie Garcia.
Investigators say that the incident, which took place Saturday night, occurred after the boy and his 33-year-old mother got into an argument. Garcia reported that the mother sustained non-life-threatening head, arm and facial injuries during the fight.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home