Kortne Stouffer Missing: Pa. woman's disappearance could be kidnapping, according to warrant
According to CBS affiliate WHP, a two-week-old search warrant police used to search Stouffer's apartment lists kidnapping as a possible crime. The rest of the document is sealed.
For now, the DA reportedly says authorities are still investigating the case as a suspicious disappearance, and not necessarily a kidnapping.
Stouffer went missing July 29, when neighbors last saw her returning from a night out in Harrisburg. Police say they think her disappearance is suspicious since her Palmyra apartment was left locked with personal belongings inside, including her purse and cell phone. Her dog was at the apartment and, a family member told WHP, her keys were in her car.
Kortne's parents say the man left her apartment around 7:30 a.m., and that police have video of him texting their daughter from a store near her apartment, saying he left and didn't see her and asking her what happened. The Stouffers tell WHP he has been cooperative with police.
Stouffer's parents also told the station that Kortne had argued with a neighbor early in the morning she disappeared and that police were called.
The missing woman's parents have now reportedly raised more than $25,000 for a reward.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case