Kathleen Savio's boyfriend testifies at Drew Peterson murder trial
(CBS/AP) JOLIET, Ill. - The boyfriend of Drew Peterson's third wife Kathleen Savio has testified at the former Illinois police officer's murder trial that he saw no bruises on her body in the days before she was found dead.
Savio was found in her bathtub in 2004 with a gash on her head and several dark, red marks.
Her boyfriend, Steve Maniaci, was the first witness to take the stand Friday, the eighth day of testimony. He says he began dating Savio around the time she and Peterson were getting divorced.
Maniaci says he saw Savio naked three days before her battered body was found and that no marks had been apparent.
His testimony is part of the prosecutors' efforts to convince jurors that Savio didn't die accidentally.
Peterson has pleaded not guilty.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case