Guns were stashed in ceiling of Mass. home formerly owned by mobster "Tony Blue"
"Well, you always find something," says homeowner Jose Carvalho. "This time it was guns."
CBS Boston reported Carvalho found five guns in all, including three 'old school' revolvers and a handful of bullets.
So he called Saugus police.
"We don't often get calls from people who find guns behind walls," says Saugus Police Lt. Lenny Campanello. "So it was interesting."
Also interesting - the longtime previous owner of Carvalho's home was Anthony D'Agostino - that's convicted mobster Anthony D'Agostino, aka "Tony Blue" of the area's Winter Hill Gang, according to CBS Boston.
The late Mafioso was a bodyguard with a long criminal record. "Tony Blue" was gunned down back in 1965.
Homeowner Carvalho suspects the guns were stuffed through sheetrock into insulation in the basement's boiler room, and they dropped onto the ceiling on the other side of the wall.
"He (D'Agostino) was definitely trying to hide them," says longtime neighbor Jim Sclafani, who lives two doors down. "He probably forgot they were there."
The challenge now for Saugus police is trying to link the weapons cache to unsolved crimes that may be four decades old.
"We're focusing on researching the serial numbers on those guns and going from there," says Lt. Campanello.
The new homeowner does not consider his find good fortune.
"Lucky would be a million dollars," Carvalho said, laughing. "This is not luck."
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days