Randy Travis, country singer, charged with DWI, found naked after crash, say Texas cops
(CBS/AP) DALLAS - Texas officials said country singer Randy Travis was charged with driving while intoxicated and threatening law officers after he was found naked when he crashed his car Tuesday night.
Travis, 53, walked out of jail on $21,500 bond Wednesday morning. This was the second Texas arrest this year for Travis, who was cited in February for public intoxication.
The singer allegedly veered off a roadway in his Pontiac car near Tioga, a town about 60 miles north of Dallas where the entertainer lives. He struck several barricades in a construction zone, said Tom Vinger, spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety
Vinger said Travis wasn't wearing clothes at the time of his arrest and made threats against state troopers. The singer refused sobriety tests so a blood specimen was taken. Blood-test results are pending.
"Travis had a strong odor of alcoholic beverage on his breath and several signs of intoxication," according to a statement from the Grayson County Sheriff's Office. "While Travis was being transported, Travis made threats to shoot and kill the troopers working the case."
Travis was also charged with public intoxication in February after being spotted in a vehicle parked in front of a church in Sanger, about 20 miles from Tioga.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead