Randy Travis, country singer, charged with DWI, found naked after crash, say Texas cops
(CBS/AP) DALLAS - Texas officials said country singer Randy Travis was charged with driving while intoxicated and threatening law officers after he was found naked when he crashed his car Tuesday night.
Travis, 53, walked out of jail on $21,500 bond Wednesday morning. This was the second Texas arrest this year for Travis, who was cited in February for public intoxication.
The singer allegedly veered off a roadway in his Pontiac car near Tioga, a town about 60 miles north of Dallas where the entertainer lives. He struck several barricades in a construction zone, said Tom Vinger, spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety
Vinger said Travis wasn't wearing clothes at the time of his arrest and made threats against state troopers. The singer refused sobriety tests so a blood specimen was taken. Blood-test results are pending.
"Travis had a strong odor of alcoholic beverage on his breath and several signs of intoxication," according to a statement from the Grayson County Sheriff's Office. "While Travis was being transported, Travis made threats to shoot and kill the troopers working the case."
Travis was also charged with public intoxication in February after being spotted in a vehicle parked in front of a church in Sanger, about 20 miles from Tioga.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Wife guilty of murder for pushing husband out window
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles