Ga. man Emmanuel Tadeo beat girlfriend with dead dog, officials say
(CBS/AP) SANDY SPRINGS, Ga. - Emmanuel Alfredo Tadeo, a Georgia man, is due in court for allegedly killing his girlfriend's pet dog during an argument and using the corpse to beat the woman.
Tadeo, 27, is being accused of multiple charges, including aggravated assault, animal cruelty and battery, according to Fulton County prosecutors.
While allegedly kicking and beating his girlfriend, the dog came came to its owner's defense. After snapping the dog's neck, Tadeo beat the woman some more - with the animal's corpse, police told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Tadeo had apparently been drinking heavily and allegedly caused what was described as "probably one of the worst cases of animal cruelty that we've ever seen," Sandy Springs police Capt. Steve Rose told the Journal-Constitution.
Andrea Jill Armintrout, the female victim, was arrested and charged with obstruction after police say she stopped cooperating with investigators.
Shortly after the May 19 incident, Tadeo was charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty and battery and was released after posting bail June 14. After prosecutors upgraded the charges to felonies, he was re-arrested July 13 and has remained in jail without bail, according to the Journal-Constitution.
Tadeo is scheduled to be in court on Thursday, where he could put in a plea, according to prosecutors. He reportedly faces up to 20 years years in prison for aggravated assault and five years in prison for animal cruelty.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web