"Karate Kid" assaulted S.C. officer, say police of female assailant
Spartanburg County authorities say 40-year-old Tracey McSwain Smith, of Chesnee, slapped a deputy, breaking her sunglasses, and tried to bite an officer on the arm.
Jail records show 40-year-old Tracey McSwain Smith was being held Tuesday on charges including third-degree assault and battery.
Deputies say Smith's sister called authorities Sunday to get medical attention for her. When authorities asked Smith for her name, deputies say she held up her arms and one leg and said she was the "Karate Kid." They say that's when things got physical, initiated by the suspect.
According to CBS Charlotte, Smith told deputies she had used methamphetamine and huffed gasoline earlier Sunday
She is being held on $10,000 bond.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home