Bronze medal, won by Md. wrestler at Junior Olympics, stolen
(CBS) ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY, Md. - During a tournament in Texas, a bronze medal belonging to junior Olympian Brandon Ballard, was stolen from his father's car, reports CBS Baltimore.
Now he's on a quest to get it back - or get it replaced.
The family had locked the medal inside their car, and awoke the next morning to find everything gone - including Brandon Ballard's medal.
"We went to the car at 7 a.m. and I looked in the back. Stuff was missing," Michael Ballard said."The bronze was my individual medal. That's what I earned myself. That was upsetting, especially my first one ever," the wrestler told CBS Baltimore.
Ballard, 19, who wrestled throughout high school and had just won a state championship, hopes to one day participate in the Olympics.
"In four years I will be out of college, so I am definitely going to try and make the Olympic team," Ballard said.
When he traveled to Houston for the Junior Olympics, he was glad to win the bronze.
"I lost by a point so I didn't know if I would place. When I saw my name on the paper, I was happy," Ballard said.As for the medal that was stolen, Brandon Ballard's family is trying to see if he can get another medal, according to CBS Baltimore.
Ballard is hoping he might someday he'll replace it himself...with gold.
"That will be even better," he said.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web