Robbery 'staged' for reality TV was, in fact, real, say Pa. police
(CBS/AP) INDIANA, Pa. - Maryland man Randall Smith and Tennessee man Artie Goodwine are facing charges after they allegedly robbed two pizza shop employees Sunday in western Pennsylvania, telling them they were on a reality TV show called "You Just Got Robbed," CBS Pittsburgh reports.
The employees of Fox's Pizza in Indiana, Pa. were standing outside early Sunday morning when the fire alarm went off. That was when the 21-year-old Smith and 18-year-old Goodwine approached them.
Indiana police said one of the suspects put the victims into headlocks while the other recorded the robbery on a cellphone. Police said $20 was taken from one of the victims.
Although the reality show was a hoax, the robbery was very real. Smith and Goodwine took off but were quickly arrested by Indiana police.
The suspects are facing robbery and related charges. Smith posted bail but Goodwine remained in the Indiana County Jail on Monday, about 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family