Robbery 'staged' for reality TV was, in fact, real, say Pa. police
(CBS/AP) INDIANA, Pa. - Maryland man Randall Smith and Tennessee man Artie Goodwine are facing charges after they allegedly robbed two pizza shop employees Sunday in western Pennsylvania, telling them they were on a reality TV show called "You Just Got Robbed," CBS Pittsburgh reports.
The employees of Fox's Pizza in Indiana, Pa. were standing outside early Sunday morning when the fire alarm went off. That was when the 21-year-old Smith and 18-year-old Goodwine approached them.
Indiana police said one of the suspects put the victims into headlocks while the other recorded the robbery on a cellphone. Police said $20 was taken from one of the victims.
Although the reality show was a hoax, the robbery was very real. Smith and Goodwine took off but were quickly arrested by Indiana police.
The suspects are facing robbery and related charges. Smith posted bail but Goodwine remained in the Indiana County Jail on Monday, about 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests