Ohio parents forced three children into plastic boxes as punishment, prosecutors say
(CBS/AP) STEUBENVILLE, Ohio - An Ohio couple was charged with forcing their three children into plastic boxes with only a hole cut in the top for air as a form of punishment.
The Steubenville parents were indicted this week on child endangerment and unlawful restraint charges. Prosecutors said two other people are charged with knowing about the abuse but didn't do anything about it.
A prosecutor reportedly said the couple used duct tape to seal their three children, ages 5, 7 and 8, inside the plastic boxes. The parents told investigators that putting the children in boxes was a form of punishment.
The alleged abuse was discovered in June. However, the children are now safe and have been staying with family members since then.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan