Man dies after being tased at motel by Houston police
Police say the incident happened late Tuesday at an east Houston motel. The name of the 38-year-old man was not released.
A female clerk at the Interstate Motor Lodge called 911 to report that an agitated man was at the front door. Police say the man told the clerk he needed help but could not provide details to her.
Sgt. Robert Rohling says the man's hair was wet and he appeared to be sweating profusely.
The man refused help from emergency medical personnel, he struggled with police. CBS affiliate KHOU reported that two officers used a Taser on the man, who was transported to a hospital and died of a heart attack. Police recovered a knife from his pocket.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Moxley's friend testifies in Skakel appeal trial
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing