Mayor gets parking ticket, creates own space...and controversy
Then there's the parking predicament in Logansport, Ind., where the mayor apparently didn't anticipate the reaction he might get, by creating a reserved parking space for himself.
Mayor Ted Franklin tells the Pharos-Tribune that he was ticketed by police when the nose of his Corvette was sticking into a no-parking zone. That's when he decided to solve the problem by designating a parking space at the City Building in an area previously reserved for police.
Frankllin put up a sign reading: "Mayor Parking Only."
Bad move politically, and parking-ly.
Mayor Franklin says because of all the media attention the issue had become a "distraction"...so now he's decided to convert the space he'd reserved for himself at the a parking spot for handicapped individuals.
Franklin says it's time to grow up and to "stop playing the game."
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan