Pa. women Ashley Barber, Jade Olmstead face murder charges in Brandy Stevens' shallow grave death
(CBS/AP) MEADVILLE, Pa. - Ashley Barber and Jade Olmstead were ordered to stand trial last week in the May killing of Ohio woman Brandy Stevens, who was found buried in a shallow grave in the woods near their western Pennsylvania home.
Barber, 20, and Olmstead, 18, are charged with homicide, conspiracy and evidence tampering.
State police alleged that the two Pennsylvania women invited the 20-year-old Stevens to their home on May 17, and then savagely beat and choked her and rolled her into a shallow grave in the woods.
Trooper Eric Mallory said when they saw that Stevens was still breathing in the grave, they allegedly poured water into her mouth and nose to try to drown her. Authorities said Stevens eventually suffocated in the grave.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death