Miami girl, 7, saves cousin, 4, from abduction, report says
On Tuesday afternoon, a 4-year-old boy named Brandin was playing outside his home, when police say he came face to face with David Moore, 39, who picked up the boy intending to abduct him, CBS Miami reported.
That's when 7-year-old A-Nari intervened.
Brandin's grandmother, Phyllis Singleton, said Moore grabbed the boy, and said "God told him" to take him, he wasn't letting him go.
A-Nari, Brandin's cousin, heard the commotion.
"I thought it was upstairs, but we saw the man and he said, God told me to take you," said A-Nari. "And I had to fight the man so he can let Brandin go," she told CBS Miami.
The girl said her cousin was in shock.
"He wasn't saying nothing. He was shaking," said A-Nari.
Moore let Brandin go and neighbors called police. They found the suspect and arrested him. In bond court, according to CBS Miami, a judge asked him what he owns.
"My soul," he said.
Moore is behind bars facing attempted kidnapping charges, a 4-year-old boy is safe, and 7-year-old girl is being hailed as a hero.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests