Man refuses to leave NC jail, gets rearrested
Some people just don't know how to say goodbye.
The News Record of Greensboro reports 37-year-old Rodney Valentine wouldn't leave the Rockingham County lockup Saturday after authorities refused to give him a ride to a motel.
Valentine had been behind bars since May 22. Now he's charged with second-degree trespassing and right back in familiar surroundings.
He's being held on $500 bond and is scheduled to appear in court Aug. 9.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen