Accidental gunfire at Dallas Walmart injures four, gun owner had permit
Police said Canady left the store and then fled when they tried to question him about the incident. He had a permit to carry a concealed handgun, but was booked Tuesday on charges of evading arrest and injury to a child.
Investigators said Canady went into the Walmart store to purchase groceries on Monday night, and when he reached for his wallet, the gun fell from his holster and went off.
The bullet first grazed Canady in the back of his leg before ricocheting off the ground. Debris struck two children and a woman's ankle as they were standing in line. They were not seriously hurt.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom