Baby Ingests Cocaine: Warrants issued for grandmother, 34, and boyfriend, Ga. police say
(CBS) PALMETTO, Ga. - Palmetto police are looking for a grandmother who is only 34 years old, and her boyfriend, after her 13-month-old grandson was taken to the hospital for ingesting cocaine, CBS Atlanta reports.
Active warrants were issued Monday for 34-year-old Ebony Daniel and her 22-year-old boyfriend Charlie Martin. Palmetto Police Sgt. Lee Gragg said they are both charged with possession of cocaine, cruelty to children and reckless conduct.
Meanwhile, the child's 17-year-old mother is considered a witness and has not been charged, Gragg said.
Police said the mother brought the toddler to Piedmont Newman Hospital after the boy ingested cocaine at the home of the boy's grandmother and her boyfriend. He was then transported to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Eggleston, where he tested positive for cocaine.
The boy was released from the hospital and is expected to survive. Investigators said Monday they were awaiting toxicology reports to determine how much cocaine he ingested.
Palmetto police executed a search warrant at the grandmother's home on Saturday night, and "evidence was found and collected at the residence," Gragg said.
He did not provide further details.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released