Convicted sex offender with good grades sues college for kicking him out
Now, according to CBS Detroit, Branch is suing Henry Ford Community College, which expelled him when it learned about his criminal past.
Branch says his rights were violated when the Dearborn school kicked him out last year.
Branch's parole officer had no problem with him attending the school if he stayed away from a campus day care facility. Branch is now off parole.
He served a prison sentence for having sex with a 15-year-old girl in 2004. He said he believed she was older.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade