James Holmes' mug shot released
(CBS News) The Arapahoe County Sheriff's Office in Colorado released the booking photo of movie theater shooting suspect James Holmes from when he was apprehended by police early Friday.
The 24-year-old is accused of opening fire at a movie theater in Aurora on a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises," killing 12 and injuring 58, some critically.
Special Section: Colorado Movie Theater Massacre
Aurora shooting suspect may face death penalty
Colorado massacre could have been worse: Reports
James Holmes faces judge for first time in wake of Aurora, Colo., movie theater mass shooting
The photo's release comes a few hours after Holmes made his first appearance in court in Centennial, Colo. Monday. Wearing orange-red hair and looking at times emotional and at other times bleary-eyed, Holmes sat in a maroon jailhouse jumpsuit as Chief Judge William Sylvester advised him of the case.
Authorities say Holmes is not cooperating and it could take months to learn what motivated the mass shooting spree.
Below is video from Holmes' first appearance in court on Monday.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details