Colorado Theater Shooting: James Holmes, 24, identifed as suspected gunman, FBI says
(CBS/AP) WASHINGTON - Federal law enforcement officials said 24-year-old James Holmes is the suspected gunman in Friday's deadly shooting attack that killed at least a dozen people at a Colorado movie theater.
Officials said Holmes killed at least 12 people and injured dozens more when he fired into a crowded movie theater in a Denver suburb during a premiere of "The Dark Knight Rises." He was wearing a gas mask and set off an unknown gas in the theater.
Holmes is currently held in police custody, and the FBI said there is no indication that the shooting attack is tied to any terrorist groups.
The federal law enforcement officials spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the ongoing investigation.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen