Texas man Christopher Dobry fears ex-wife kidnapped kids to Vietnam
(CBS) FRISCO, Texas - Christopher Dobry says he feared for the worst when his ex-wife didn't show up with their two children on Friday. The suburban Dallas man worries that Nicole Trang Dobry took the kids out of the country to Vietnam where she was from, CBS DFW reports.
Nicole, 37, was supposed to return 6-year-old Sarah Dobry and 2-year-old Gavin Dobry to their father in Frisco, Texas, but police found they had all vanished from her Dallas apartment where she left behind her purse, cell phone and driver's license. They were last seen in the Turtle Creek area where Nicole lives.
A Denton County judge granted Christopher custody of the children following the couple's divorce in April. Dobry says he tried to keep his ex-wife from getting unsupervised visits and worries she will harm the kids.
"She puts her own self interests ahead of the children," Christopher told CBS DFW. "I believe she is mentally unstable."
Nicole has relatives in the Dallas area and Christopher Dobry hopes the children will be found there.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty