Mani-Pedi crime: Minn. woman upset with nail treatment gets arrested
Police in Minneapolis say that's exactly what a dissatisfied 20-year-old woman did in an incident last Thursday afternoon at Crystal Nails, CBS Minnesota reported.
According to the precinct report, the woman became upset after her manicure and pedicure and refused to pay.
She was allegedly verbally abusive toward employees before she took a bottle of nail polish and left. About 15 minutes later, the woman returned with a box cutter and tried to take more nail polish, CBS Minnesota reported.
A 45-year-old male employee blocked her path, according to police, so she held the box cutter to his face and then sprayed him with a bottle of acetone. Police say the woman then swung the box cutter at the man, causing him to fall, and sustain some bruises and scrapes.
The disgruntled customer reportedly fled in a vehicle driven by another woman.
Officers stopped the vehicle, and arrested the "mani-pedi thief." She was booked in Hennepin County Jail for possible robbery. Her accomplice was cited and released.
They probably won't be receiving any discount offers from Crystal Nails in the future.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths