Caleigh Harrison Disappearance: Dad concedes toddler likely swept out to sea
(CBS/AP) GLOUCESTER, Mass. - The father of missing 2-year-old Caleigh Harrison, who disappeared last April from a Rockport beach, said Monday that he now accepts that his daughter was swept out to sea.
Anthony Harrison said he reached the conclusion after a group called Mission for the Missing investigated the case. The nonprofit is a volunteer group of law enforcement investigators and crime analysts who help search for missing children.
Caleigh disappeared after her mother left her children briefly to retrieve a ball that bounced over a wall. Family members initially though Caleigh was abducted after her 4-year-old sister said she saw a strange man on the beach, but police said there was no evidence of an abduction.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial