Lynn Jackenheimer Case: Murder suspect Nathan Summerfield allegedly spotted in central Ohio, police say
(CBS/AP) COLUMBUS, Ohio - Police received a tip from an Ohio woman who reported seeing a man fitting the description of Nathan Summerfield, who is suspected of killing his on-and-off girlfriend Lynn Jackenheimer during a vacation in North Carolina.
Officers searched for Summerfield on the east side of Columbus after a woman said she spotted Summerfield on Tuesday in a parking lot with a vehicle matching the description and license plate that authorities had publicized. But the search turned up nothing.
Summerfield, 27, is wanted on a murder charge in the death of 33-year-old Jackenheimer, who disappeared earlier this month while vacationing with Summerfield and her children. Police said Summerfield returned the children to Ashland and drove away.
Jackenheimer's body was found in a vacant lot in Frisco, N.C. Dare County Sheriff Doug Doughtie said Tuesday that autopsy results revealed that Jackenheimer died from strangulation and stab wounds.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship