Alabama Bar Shooting: Suspected gunman taken into custody, police say
(CBS/AP) TUSCALOOSA, Ala. - The suspected gunman accused of opening fire at a Tuscaloosa bar near the University of Alabama campus has been taken into custody, police said.
Sgt. Brent Brankley did not release any other details about how the man was apprehended. A news conference was scheduled for Tuesday afternoon.
Police said nearly a dozen people were wounded early Tuesday from the shooting attack. One person was critically hurt.
Police are also investigating whether the bar rampage was connected to a shooting about 45 minutes earlier at a home a couple of miles away, wounding one person.
More on Crimesider
June 17, 2012 - Gunman opens fire in Tuscaloosa, 17 people hurt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide